A Travellerspoint blog

The Plan Changes

Trip Preparations Held Up by Sun Breaks

sunny 70 °F

I did spend time getting ready for the trip this weekend, but the weather was SO nice, I got a little lazy and didn’t get things done as quickly as I should have.

Rather than get stressed about it, I decided I had plenty of time scheduled in Napa Valley to take in the Marin County Courthouse tour later in April so would take an extra day at home to prepare then drive straight through to LA. Three days to drive from Seattle to LA isn’t too bad, especially now that the cruise control is fixed!

So in between a few sun breaks (only the 16th time since 1945 that Seattle has gotten above 70F before the end of March!) – I’ve been fixing and installing, cleaning, packing, mowing and arranging. Got the dog’s booster shots and a proof of vaccination (some RV parks require this now), renewed the tabs on the RV and the Kia it will be towing (both of which expired in April – am a little amazed I didn’t forget something like that as I almost did once before.)

I think I’ve got the RV camera installed correctly, but won’t test it until tomorrow morning. Bringing some tools along in case (I’m a little concerned about the electrical connection in the back of the car, I took a shortcut, which usually isn’t a good idea – so may have to take it apart and do it right.)

I decided against moving the DC inverter out of the old rig and will pick a new one up at a truck stop along the way (Probably Rice Hill in OR, Love LOVES). (See comment above about bringing some tools along).

I also managed to suspend garbage pickup, paper delivery (mail already goes to the PO box, but will have one of my neighbors picking up anything that slips through to the mailbox). Another neighbor and I came to terms on a charge for mowing the lawn – if he sticks to his price, I may have him mow more often! The neighborhood watch has been notified, still need to notify the sheriff – all sorts of things for an extended absence. And of course, there is an alarm system on the house and garage.

So anyway, I will still be in LA by Friday, probably sometime mid/late morning and the rest of the plan is the same – just moving the Marin Courthouse tour to later in April.

Tally Ho

btw - if you have trouble with mid stream plan changes, probably better not travel with me! I kind of like the free form travel style and am struggling a bit with myself 'doign it by the book'.

Posted by jl98584 21:12 Archived in USA

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.